We have undertaken an intriguing project. The stock intake design for this 2016 Camaro SS is quite unique and working to increase performance has been a challenge, but here at Mishimoto, we welcome challenges! In the previous post, we went through the different iterations our Engineering Team had created, and we designed a prototype for testing. More testing was needed, however, before we could achieve the level of performance we wanted from this design. We will go through a detailed analysis of our final numbers for this Camaro cold-air intake project.
- The Ultimate Guide For Intercooler Selection
- Air-to-Water vs. Air-to-Air Intercooling
- The Top 3 Things to Look for When Choosing an Intercooler
- 12 Ways To Prepare Your Diesel For Winter
- Equipment Profiles
- Coolant Overflow Tanks vs. Expansion Tanks
- Coolant Basics
- What Is Blow By?
- Do Try This at Home – 10 Easy Updates You Can Do This Weekend
- Horsepower and You
- Air Filters: Dry vs Oiled
- Air Metering 101: Maf vs. Speed Density
- Turbocharging vs. Supercharging
- Blow Off Valves Explained
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3 Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Stock Performance Stock Location Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Borne Off-Road Snorkel, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can, PCV-Side, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2021+
- BMW F8X M3/M3 Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit, CCV Side, 2015-2020
- BMW M2C/M3/M4 DCT Transmission Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M3/M4 Direct Fit Oil Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Heat Exchanger, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Charge Pipe Kit, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler, 2015-2020
Chevrolet Camaro SS Performance Intake 2016+
- Posted: March 03, 2016Categories: Chevrolet Camaro SS Performance Intake 2016+Continue Reading »
- Posted: February 03, 2016Categories: Chevrolet Camaro SS Performance Intake 2016+Continue Reading »
Last time we left you with a detailed breakdown of the massive stock intake system of the 2016 Chevy Camaro. Designing a prototype that will keep this big V8 happy has been quite a task, but our awesome engineering team has come up with a unique design for a prototype. Let's start by taking a look at our components.
Mass Airflow Sensor Housing
The stock mass airflow (MAF) sensor is sandwiched inside an air straightener. This straightener differs from others because it doesn't take up the entire length of the tube. Instead, it's pretty much only as long as the length of the sensor. Based on this, we decided to take that element of Chevy's design and incorporate it into our housing piece.
- Posted: January 04, 2016Categories: Chevrolet Camaro SS Performance Intake 2016+Continue Reading »
This brand new Camaro has been quite the buzz in the world of muscle cars. If you haven't viewed it already, we break down this new SS in great detail in our video review series on our engineering blog. You should check it out!
On to the intake. We want to help free up some of that airflow, as these cars have been restrictive in the past. However, Chevy does have an interesting stock intake design for this 6th-generation Camaro. Let's dive into it.
Stock System Overview
The first thing we notice is how massive this intake tube is - the