- Direct fit for the 2007-2010 BMW 335i/xi and 2008-2010 135i
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminium can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends Vanos system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminium barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has an 88ml capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto BMW N54 Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with the direct fuel injection N54 engines. The Mishimoto BMW N54 catch can kit uses the proven engineering from the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a 50-micron bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors.
The engineers at Mishimoto designed a CNC-machined lid which features large inlet/outlets to match the inner dimension of the CCV hose. This baffled oil catch can defends your intercooler, intake system, and VANOS system from oil blow-by and help maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation. The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses, which require no modification to the engine cover, and one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location! Two aluminium, 3/4” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, like every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(2) 3/4" Aluminium Barbed Fittings
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle
Does not fit 2011-2013 335is models with N54
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes N54 Chassis Codes E82
Fits 08–10 BMW E82 135i
2011 BMW E82 1M
07–10 BMW E90 335i/335xi
07–10 BMW E91 335i/335xi
07–10 BMW E92 335i/335xi
07–10 BMW E93 335i/335xi
Overall Height 96.5 mm Overall Diameter 63.5 mm Inlet 3/4" Outlet 3/4" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 88 ml Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled False
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants their products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorised dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!